You can do almost anything with it. You can't do anything without it.
In need of inspiration I was flicking through my posts over the past couple of months. The lull where I couldn't tell you what was happening. The journey that I documented once I had told you. What I realised was how quickly time has passed. How my life changed so dramatically in the blink of an eye. If you had of told me at Christmas time that I'd be living on my own, I would have laughed at you. If you had of told me I'd be a single mum of three before my eldest's fifth birthday, I might have slapped you.
And yet here I am. I'm doing it. I've embraced change and independence. I've taken ownership of my life. I've grieved, I've indulged, and I've felt, I've really felt every moment. Ok, well that's a bit of a stretch of the truth. My tendency to be emotionally disconnected has allowed me to avoid feeling a lot of the time, I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
So I started thinking to myself, what do I want to do with my time? 30 years has gone pretty quickly, how can I ensure that I make the most of the next 30? We only get one shot at this, we have to make sure we give it our all. It's actually been quite an easy question to answer. From the small to the big, I know what I want, and it's all about me...
- I want to burn scented candles, just because I can
- I want to take long walks by myself, to clear my mind and stay healthy
- I want to eat more salmon, I friggin love salmon
- I want to pursue my career without feeling guilty about it
- I want to have more sleepovers and spontaneous short trips
- I want to spend more time socialising
- I want to take that trip to Europe that I never took because M didn't want to
- I want to laugh more
- I want my babies to learn, to see, to feel, to experience, not to sit at home
I want, I want, I want. I want because I NEED to take my life into my own hands. I'm calling it Project Happiness, and I invite you to get on board! What would be on your Project Happiness want list?